Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:53 am

Hey,

I am starting this topic up to decide what we should name our individual ranks for HoW, and how they work. Now personally I think we should replicate or modify the current one in use within HoR, which has proved itself and has been modified successfully to be able to adapt to the different situations of game activity.

Well here is the current HoR rankings:

King
Prince
Overlord
Lord
Earl


^ That is just the structural rankings, they run the show and keep an eye on internal and external factors within HoR, but the ones that make the choices within what changes within HoR is the Advisory Section, as a member of HoG we are required to have an advisory to run upon capability of starting one.

The Advisory Ranks are as follows:

Senior/Supreme Advisor
Advisor

The King is also technically an advisor.

And the final ranking section of HoR, is the Skill ranks.

Champion
Housecarl
Gedriht
Warrior
Member
Temporary

The rank names originate from Saxon English ranks within society and the power range. But this is quite a confusing system, to put it simply, HoR ranks work in a sense of unity, you can be part of all 3 at any one time, the highest possible rank being the HoRC_SA_King_. As I will now explain, every user takes the clan tag 'HoR'. They then can (upon becoming a Warrior rank at minimum within the Skill ranks) be able to progress into the Structural and High Skill ranks. The 'G' for Gedriht, 'C' for Champion and 'H' for Housecarl come right after the tag, so HoRH, HoRC or HoRG. This is followed by an underscore, although tag wise we do NOT show the advisor tag, the 'A' and 'SA', we skip that part and show in forums only, but instead we do show the Structural ranks in our tags. For example, a Champion Earl that is a Senior Advisor would have their tag as such: HoRC_Earl_.

Now this brings me to a discussion on our own equivelant. Being a War Game the best system I think would be to use Military ranks, but there are 3 that I think would suit our style and be recognizable enough to use across the world, and they are the ranks of the UK, US or Russia.

What do you think members (or member atm) of HoW?

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  FieldMarshall on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:07 am

What about Private, sargeant, colonel?

Vague ideas.

I really like this kind of system, but how would we 'rank up' so to say?

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.

FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:27 am

FieldMarshall wrote:What about Private, sargeant, colonel?

Vague ideas.

I really like this kind of system, but how would we 'rank up' so to say?

In the HoR system it depends, to be selected for the advisory or promoted into structural you need to work significantly within the clan, as to say suggesting ideas with reforms or just doing your job. To be promoted into the skill ranks you need to show skill, and improve your play

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 am

In the HoG General Thread, I stated that the main system is 6-step:

Members - 1st Officers - 2nd Officers - 3rd Officers - 4th(Commanding) Officers - Leaders

Member would always be the first step because naturally, the first step is to actually join. This is with a simple clan tag.

In HoR's case:

Members - Earls - Lords - Overlords - Princes - Kings

The Advisory should always be:

Advisor - Supreme Advisor

...because its HoG-related, not only related to the individual clans. That's why its not written in your in-game tag Smile

Every clan can of course make it's own special ranks, like HoR's roleplaying sector (WR, HoRG, HoRH, HoRC, etc.) which is what Hades means by "Skill ranks". I suggested writing clan tags within your signature on the forum instead of in your username. Your username color says the clan and the signature more detailed information. Just a thought. Rolling Eyes

FieldMarshall wrote:What about Private, sargeant, colonel?

Vague ideas.

I really like this kind of system, but how would we 'rank up' so to say?
First of all, nice to meet you. Smile I am HoRC_Lord_Yankee and the future HoT_King. I like your rank idea, however, we had a brother clan of HoR that was also a roleplaying clan that used those ranks (DRP). Needless to say, the Leader (President) got a lot of nagging about it. I guess because he used modern ranks in a game that takes place in ancient times XD. Your username is, in fact, a warfare rank in itself Wink.

Heroes of Warfare... Warfare has a vast amount of possibilities for rank names. In my opinion, private, sergeant etc. is quite common, granted it has a huge amount of possibilities and is a very simple concept to understand. Can you show clan tags in the game you play?

Being promoted is by contributing to your clan. Advertising, getting new members to join, training other members etc. I do not know how Hades plans to run HoW, but skill was not always a factor of promotion, unless of course you use "Skill ranks".

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:03 am

Currently I am recruiting how I did on AoM, befriending and inviting.

But here is a rough draft we could use:

Private Corporal Sergeant Leftenant/ Lieutenant (first is UK second is US) Colonel General

Our skill ranks could be based as well upon the US UK systems, for UK:
Territorial (for the temps, ironic that's the part time soldiers) Private Private 1st class Royal Marine commando (HoWR/HoWC) SAS (HoWS)

And for US:
Temporary (unaware of the US name) Private Private 1st class Marine (HoWM) Delta Force (HoWD/HoWDF)

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Mittyho on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:31 am

Hades wrote:
Private Corporal Sergeant Leftenant/ Lieutenant (first is UK second is US) Colonel General

The rank should be Lieutenant regardless of country - only the pronunciation changes Very Happy

Mittyho

Posts : 89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:39 am

Yea, I was going to say... Leftenant is the pronunciation in Canada not in the US O.o At least not everywhere for all I know. Just use Lieutenant because otherwise you will get a lot of people from around the world wondering what the "F" a Leftenant is. Especially Germans xD

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:50 am

Yankee wrote:Yea, I was going to say... Leftenant is the pronunciation in Canada not in the US O.o At least not everywhere for all I know. Just use Lieutenant because otherwise you will get a lot of people from around the world wondering what the "F" a Leftenant is. Especially Germans xD

It's mainly used in commonwealth countries.... So that is quite a significant amount of countries, very big ones such as Australia Canada and India to the small ones such as Fiji, formerly Hong Kong (where it's still recognized as a term) and Marshall islands

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Mittyho on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 am

It is spelt Lieutenant in any English-speaking country, regardless of whether or not they are in the Commonwealth -it's just pronounced "left-tenant" in all English-speaking countries (as far as I'm aware) other than America.

I pronounce it loo-tenant anyway, even though I'm English Cool

Mittyho

Posts : 89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 am

I pronounce it loo-tenant too. scratch

I never even knew people pronounced it leftenant until today xD

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:00 am

Yankee wrote:I pronounce it loo-tenant too. scratch

I never even knew people pronounced it leftenant until today xD

Leftenant is the proper English way of saying

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 am

Hades wrote:
Yankee wrote:I pronounce it loo-tenant too. scratch

I never even knew people pronounced it leftenant until today xD

Leftenant is the proper English way of saying
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Mittyho on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 am

Hades wrote:
Yankee wrote:I pronounce it loo-tenant too. scratch

I never even knew people pronounced it leftenant until today xD

Leftenant is the proper English way of saying

Leftenant is the proper way, but unfortunately it is a ridiculous way Sad .

Mittyho

Posts : 89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  FieldMarshall on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:36 am

Yankee wrote:First of all, nice to meet you. Smile I am HoRC_Lord_Yankee and the future HoT_King. I like your rank idea, however, we had a brother clan of HoR that was also a roleplaying clan that used those ranks (DRP). Needless to say, the Leader (President) got a lot of nagging about it. I guess because he used modern ranks in a game that takes place in ancient times XD. Your username is, in fact, a warfare rank in itself Wink.

Heroes of Warfare... Warfare has a vast amount of possibilities for rank names. In my opinion, private, sergeant etc. is quite common, granted it has a huge amount of possibilities and is a very simple concept to understand. Can you show clan tags in the game you play?

Being promoted is by contributing to your clan. Advertising, getting new members to join, training other members etc. I do not know how Hades plans to run HoW, but skill was not always a factor of promotion, unless of course you use "Skill ranks".

You too mate Smile and yes, i play Battlefield 3 with Hades on PS3 and our clan tags are both HoW (it can only be up to 4 letters long)

Leftenant is the proper way, but unfortunately it is a ridiculous way

Well the word comes from the French word which is pronounced lieu-tenant, and some people got the u confused and as such pronounced it liev-tenant, and then left-tenant. Loo-tenent sounds more like lieu-tenant so is the proper version.

Case closed. tongue

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.

FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:25 am

FieldMarshall wrote:Case closed. tongue
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Well with that corrected, which system?

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Support me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:07 am

Does HoW have an advisory board?

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 am

Yankee wrote:Does HoW have an advisory board?

Not yet but fieldmarshall is the only user I have confirmed that I want as part of it

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Support me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  .Yankee. on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:53 am

Then you two are the ones who are picking the names. Mitty, Lava and I have no say in the matter. Wink -cough- don't use the military system -cough-

11 No I am kidding. It works. Ninja just didn't figure out how to make it work. Wink

.Yankee.

Posts : 61

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Mittyho on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Yankee wrote:Then you two are the ones who are picking the names. Mitty, Lava and I have no say in the matter. Wink -cough- don't use the military system -cough-

11 No I am kidding. It works. Ninja just didn't figure out how to make it work. Wink

Yeah, we have no say. *Cough* Feudal system? *Cough*.

Mittyho

Posts : 89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Very well, unless an alternative comes up I shall vote for the British system Wink

And in the case of a tie the next chosen advisory member will be given deciding vote, or Yankee gets it xD

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Support me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  FieldMarshall on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I wouldn't mind the British system either. Perhaps we could use a system similar to how ranks go in BF3? However that's the American system if i'm not mistaken.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.

FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:07 pm

FieldMarshall wrote:I wouldn't mind the British system either. Perhaps we could use a system similar to how ranks go in BF3? However that's the American system if i'm not mistaken.

All the ranks in the British and American structure is the same, give or take a couple of variants. The US or UK debate mainly effects the elite ranks

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Support me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  FieldMarshall on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 am

Hades wrote:
FieldMarshall wrote:I wouldn't mind the British system either. Perhaps we could use a system similar to how ranks go in BF3? However that's the American system if i'm not mistaken.

All the ranks in the British and American structure is the same, give or take a couple of variants. The US or UK debate mainly effects the elite ranks

Well i'm happy to use that system, up to you mate Smile

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.

FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Hades on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am

British system it is Cool

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Support me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clan ranks names/ system for HoW?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:56 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum