It's quiet.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's quiet.

Post  Lava on Fri May 10, 2013 5:15 pm

I know people are generally else-where doing other things, but we need to get the ball rolling gents. I have recently got my new PC and I am stocking up on new games (woo) so suggestions are appreciated, and over-time we should be able to find new people to get in here (so I hope).
avatar
Lava
Admin

Posts : 88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Hades on Sun May 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I think it's about time we discussed expansion into other games once more, making this into a real community.

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *


Support me Smile
avatar
Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  FieldMarshall on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:38 am

I can only apologise for my recent inactivity - I haven't been forumming at all.

However, I'll try to respond on here if i can.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.
avatar
FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Lawrencius on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 pm

so in this topic people agree about expansion? lol
avatar
Lawrencius

Posts : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Mittyho on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:58 pm

the entire purpose of HoG was to expand lawrenicus Rolling Eyes
avatar
Mittyho

Posts : 90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Hades on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 am

Two ways to create activity in a forum:

1: Create it through recruitment

2: Spam members by offering them all membership on the spot

The latter, is of course, the more sustainable way.

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *


Support me Smile
avatar
Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Lawrencius on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Mittyho wrote:the entire purpose of HoG was to expand lawrenicus Rolling Eyes

yeah so I heard
didn't see any difference between now and 1 year ago (or longer, before I quit)

ba dum tiss
avatar
Lawrencius

Posts : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  FieldMarshall on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Nothing quite like some positivity, Lawrencius.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.
avatar
FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Lawrencius on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 am

FieldMarshall wrote:Nothing quite like some positivity, Lawrencius.

yeah sure, be naive all you want

or you can go and see howa real discussion topic is supposed to look, with more than just 1 or 2 sentences in a reply.
avatar
Lawrencius

Posts : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 am

No offense FieldMarshall, but you haven't witnessed the laziness that we have. It just gets annoying watching plans and ideas get nowhere because the group can't get it together as a whole.

Hades wrote:Two ways to create activity in a forum:

1: Create it through recruitment

2: Spam members by offering them all membership on the spot

The latter, is of course, the more sustainable way.
What the fuck was that? You want sustainable activity? Recruit members who are willing and want to contribute, not 12 year old little space-fillers who are there to make numbers look higher and don't do anything for the clan/forum. If you spam members by offering them all a membership on the spot, you won't get a good community, you will get the problem we ended up having in HoR; the good players don't want to train the worse players because the arrogant twerps who became members thought they became members because they were good enough and don't take kindly to constructive criticism.
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  FieldMarshall on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 am

Lawrencius wrote:
FieldMarshall wrote:Nothing quite like some positivity, Lawrencius.

yeah sure, be naive all you want

or you can go and see howa real discussion topic is supposed to look, with more than just 1 or 2 sentences in a reply.

In a reply containing two sentences and little in the way of punctuation anyway.

This is a waste of time. You're all bitching at each other and nothing's happening here, there's 1 topic where suggestions being made, the rest are people whinging why it's not working here.

If you're going to sit and cry that people are lazy, actually try to benefit the place, rather than me and Hades who have/did try to put the clan out there by recruitment in Battlefield.

I've pretty much given up on this because all you (Yankee, Lawrencius) do is bitch at all of Hades' suggestions. The rest of us are trying to be positive about this but you guysare acting like twats and alienating everyone.

If these comment's aren't to your taste feel free to ban me in surrender to the truth.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.
avatar
FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Lawrencius on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:34 am

Yankee wrote:If you spam members by offering them all a membership on the spot, you won't get a good community, you will get the problem we ended up having in HoR; the good players don't want to train the worse players because the arrogant twerps who became members thought they became members because they were good enough and don't take kindly to constructive criticism.

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

epic memories right thar
avatar
Lawrencius

Posts : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:05 am

FieldMarshall... BF isn't HoG, it's not even HoW. HoR is still the dominating clan on here, and it's not even on an official multiplayer game, that is the problem. Recruitment in BF? I see 3 members on here, one of them hasn't even commented one, which I am not saying is a bad thing, just putting your perspective into perspective. And what is this one topic were suggestions are being made? I have a hunch, but I would like to know which topic you mean first.

I am pretty sure Lawrencius and I are currently contributing more than any HoR member on here in terms of expanding to other games other than AoM. Voobly isn't that strong from what I hear, and AoE3 is well, Hades has his issues with it apparently.

If you don't know why I, or that negro Lawrencius for that matter, am being like this, then see my topic about me leaving HoR. This forum truly won't get anywhere without any kick in the ass or any type of motivation. Fuck sake, I don't even see the leader of all the clans on here doing much to sustain the cause and making this a union with multiple leaders. Lol, so far this is what an outsider sees when coming on the homepage:

"Union of clans"
-Hades is leader of all of them.
-No members in half of them.
-The dominant clan is looking for a game to actually be a clan in that isn't dead.
-Huh, Yankee and Lawrencius? Who are these jerks?.. -reads more- lol, they have a point.

Oh, and banning you would surrender to the truth? Opinion is never truth. Besides, I wouldn't ban you for being ignorant, I would only ban you if I really had a good reason to, but so far, there hasn't been one worth it yet.

Is HoW, HoS and all that actually an official sector or just there to make the homepage look a little nicer. What's the current situation with those?

The only difference than from a year ago is:

-New forum
-less members
-Three new 'clans', two of them non-existent
-AoM isn't dying any more, it's dead

You want us to be positive? If everyone on here stayed positive, nothing would get done at all. The forum was basically dead until Lawrencius and I pulled a Dero and coaxed everyone back. Just because we aren't positive, doesn't mean we aren't optimistic. If we weren't optimistic that this forum wasn't completely dead and can become something, we wouldn't even be here wasting our times and we wouldn't be trying to help. If you don't think we are helping, try reading the topics in question from start to finish whilst keeping an open-mind.
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Lawrencius on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:15 am

Apparently the internet is full of these stuck up children who can't face some critique, but that's nothing new to me.
However, it's very painful to watch, that these chilren are puking rubbish out of their poor excuses of a mouth, that makes me think it's more of an arse in the first place.
Said rubbish on people that are having topics with replies that contain more words than 5 replies of said children anywhere else on the forum.
avatar
Lawrencius

Posts : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Mittyho on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 am

i believe marshall's point is that things like "so in this topic people agree about expansion? lol" "stuck up children" or "What the fuck was that?" are pointless and just generally boring to read

50% of posts i see on here is somebody interrogating or critiquing hades or "children" [pls stop using children in every other sentence. i understand ur a big boy], rather than nything which shud b seen on a community - i.e friendly discussions or useful suggestions

i acknowledge that u have been very useful and proposed a minecraft clan which 3 ppl have signed up 2, but all the snide nd tedious shit shud just be stopped
avatar
Mittyho

Posts : 90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  FieldMarshall on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:55 am

Lawrencius wrote:Apparently the internet is full of these stuck up children who can't face some critique, but that's nothing new to me.
However, it's very painful to watch, that these chilren are puking rubbish out of their poor excuses of a mouth, that makes me think it's more of an arse in the first place.
Said rubbish on people that are having topics with replies that contain more words than 5 replies of said children anywhere else on the forum.

I'll presume this was directed at me. I'll also presume I won the argument, considering you made no acknowledgment of what I said. Don't call me a child when I'm actually discussing and you're saying I'm puking or something ridiculous. If there's a dictionary near you, look up hypocrite. gg

Anyway...

FieldMarshall... BF isn't HoG, it's not even HoW. HoR is still the dominating clan on here, and it's not even on an official multiplayer game, that is the problem. Recruitment in BF? I see 3 members on here, one of them hasn't even commented one, which I am not saying is a bad thing, just putting your perspective into perspective. And what is this one topic were suggestions are being made? I have a hunch, but I would like to know which topic you mean first.

Battlefield is the chief game on HoW, and is where we are/were looking for recruits for HoW. So in a sense, Battlefield is HoW, or at least a large part of it. Thus, BF is important to this because it is the chief part of one of two of the clans running here. There may be 3 members, with 1 recruited, more than AoM has pulled in to my knowledge. If i am incorrect here, please correct me. The thread i mentioned is ahere. This thread has actually had suggestion for expansion, unlike most others, which tailed off over petty arguments. Kudos to Lawrencius for benefitting by starting such a thread. Effort made.

I am pretty sure Lawrencius and I are currently contributing more than any HoR member on here in terms of expanding to other games other than AoM. Voobly isn't that strong from what I hear, and AoE3 is well, Hades has his issues with it apparently.

I can't comment on HoR, to which i am not a member - i'm arguing more that both you and Lawrencius get pissant whenever someone disagrees with what you want to do - and whenever an idea is put forward that you're not in line with, you shoot it down. There's more members here than you.

If you don't know why I, or that negro Lawrencius for that matter, am being like this, then see my topic about me leaving HoR. This forum truly won't get anywhere without any kick in the ass or any type of motivation. Fuck sake, I don't even see the leader of all the clans on here doing much to sustain the cause and making this a union with multiple leaders.

I don't see how cutting everyone that tries down is a form of motivation. People with suggestions will be put out when they see that two members here slay any idea put forward over petty disagreements. You need to see how ideas could work and sum them up for positives. There aren't enough members to form enough leaders - but heck, I'd be a leader of a clan about games i enjoy - i'd lead a clan for Tamriel if it was still here, i have Skyrim, Oblivion and soon will get ESO.

"Union of clans"
-Hades is leader of all of them.
-No members in half of them.
-The dominant clan is looking for a game to actually be a clan in that isn't dead.
-Huh, Yankee and Lawrencius? Who are these jerks?.. -reads more- lol, they have a point.

The leadership is down to a lack of capable members. If you're such a wise guy, why don't you lead one? No members because no recruitment - which Hades and I have at least attempted. I didn't debate which game HoR needs. And yeah, you're point is that the clan's in the toilet, but you aren't exactly helping either - which anyone who -reads more- would also gather.

Oh, and banning you would surrender to the truth? Opinion is never truth. Besides, I wouldn't ban you for being ignorant, I would only ban you if I really had a good reason to, but so far, there hasn't been one worth it yet.

Oh is that right? It's my opinion that you're wasting time by crying that no one's helping, when you aren't helping. How's that not true? And i don't see how i'm being ignorant. I made good arguments, the largest of which (you and Lawrencius being little bitches) you replied to using one, maybe two lines.

Is HoW, HoS and all that actually an official sector or just there to make the homepage look a little nicer. What's the current situation with those?

HoW is down due to Hades' inability to play. No idea about HoS, though i could join.

The only difference than from a year ago is:

-New forum
-less members
-Three new 'clans', two of them non-existent
-AoM isn't dying any more, it's dead

There simply aren't enough of the members of the old forum here. When i joined, i was under the impression there would be around 200 members coming from another forum. This didn't materialize. There's just too few here now, too few to last. AoM's been going a long time, that's nothing we can change.

You want us to be positive? If everyone on here stayed positive, nothing would get done at all. The forum was basically dead until Lawrencius and I pulled a Dero and coaxed everyone back. Just because we aren't positive, doesn't mean we aren't optimistic. If we weren't optimistic that this forum wasn't completely dead and can become something, we wouldn't even be here wasting our times and we wouldn't be trying to help. If you don't think we are helping, try reading the topics in question from start to finish whilst keeping an open-mind.

If we stayed positive, we'd have a bunch more ideas to keep this afloat. I was brought back by Hades mentioning it and me having the curiosity to look. I thought this place was dead, but it had been tyrannized by two members who don't like to be disagreed with. You aren't trying to help by bitching at everyone, though you actually debate, your little Lawrence friend calls me a shit mouthed child. I read the topics and have an open mind, the closed mind is from you two, where every suggestion is butchered before it can be weighed up.

i believe marshall's point is that things like "so in this topic people agree about expansion? lol" "stuck up children" or "What the fuck was that?" are pointless and just generally boring to read

50% of posts i see on here is somebody interrogating or critiquing hades or "children" [pls stop using children in every other sentence. i understand ur a big boy], rather than nything which shud b seen on a community - i.e friendly discussions or useful suggestions

i acknowledge that u have been very useful and proposed a minecraft clan which 3 ppl have signed up 2, but all the snide nd tedious shit shud just be stopped

Indeed. We need to stop insulting and start discussing.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.
avatar
FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:15 am

Mittyho wrote:"50% of posts i see on here is somebody interrogating or critiquing hades or "children" [pls stop using children in every other sentence. i understand ur a big boy], rather than nything which shud b seen on a community - i.e friendly discussions or useful suggestions"
It would be significantly less if things actually happened. What I don't understand is why everyone is seemingly waiting for Hades to make a move or confirm a decision. Friendly discussions, well that isn't so hard, that actually happened in UCA now, miraculously, why was it much harder to have the same state of mind there than here? The two forums are basically the same thing. Useful suggestions, as with the other, you would see significantly more if everyone contributed and worked together instead of waiting around. We should have had an alternative game in mind even before AoM died, instead of just saying we will go to Voobly, because after AoM died, HoR lost contact with more than half of it's members, including the inactives, which is why I pushed to get rid of the ones who didn't come here, which after one year has finally happened.

Now on to FieldMarshall.
FieldMarshall wrote:I'll also presume I won the argument, considering you made no acknowledgment of what I said. Don't call me a child when I'm actually discussing and you're saying I'm puking or something ridiculous.
Well... your first lengthy post wasn't really a discussion, so, before the one above, no, you haven't really been discussing, and being called bitches, twats and all that is comparable to being called child and "puking" excuses, but anyway.

About BF and HoW, I did not say BF is not important, it is important, because for now it is the only game for the clan, so I have seen. AoM is also the only game for HoR, but the clans are not limited to games, but by gameplay, hence the clan names. You can argue with Hades about HoR numbers and recruits, but all my numbers are HoG based, and HoR has 14 members on here, with a 3:11 inactivity ratio. HoW has 3 members, with a 2:1 activity ratio, so yea, you guys are doing good proportionally as a clan. If you keep it up and recruit members who contribute on the forum, then by all means, kudos to you.
FieldMarshall wrote:i'm arguing more that both you and Lawrencius get pissant whenever someone disagrees with what you want to do - and whenever an idea is put forward that you're not in line with, you shoot it down.
Ok, this is just plain wrong. I see no evidence to support your claim. One who disagrees with a suggestion or idea, no problem, come up with a feasible reason why, great, we can discuss optimization, but "merely complaining without posing an alternative offers nothing." Show me a suggestion by one of you guys that I turned down for no reason, I can tell you now it won't be easy to find. I can show you a few that either I or Lawrencius have made that others agree on, and some other stuff we came up with that either can't be done like that, or should be done differently, but will take time, i.e. the trigger-fetish problem and what could be a possibility, but has no support and blah blah blah. The main reasons for us criticizing Hades' approach to progression has to do with what happened in HoR in the last 2+ years and what happened in the old forum. It's a shame to see nothing progressing, and it's funny to see all these clans pop up with no viability. I can understand if HoW is still a start-up clan, maybe you guys will do it right, I don't know, but you are not the only factor of HoG, and for sure not the biggest one, based on numbers here.
FieldMarshall wrote:I don't see how cutting everyone that tries down is a form of motivation. People with suggestions will be put out when they see that two members here slay any idea put forward over petty disagreements. You need to see how ideas could work and sum them up for positives. There aren't enough members to form enough leaders - but heck, I'd be a leader of a clan about games i enjoy - i'd lead a clan for Tamriel if it was still here, i have Skyrim, Oblivion and soon will get ESO.
Cutting everyone down? No, cutting everyone down would be to say their ideas are crap, not telling them to move their asses with the ideas if they want to do something about HOG. Nowhere did I say the ideas you came up with are bad. I know there aren't enough members to form leaders, that brings me to my former point, don't wait for Hades' acceptance or confirmation to do something. You want to be a leader? Great, but now for my advice on the ESO clan. Wait until the game comes out before you choose what kind of clan you want to be. There are already so many clans out there even before the game has been released that just by looking, it seems there aren't any niches left, but once the game starts, you will find it. We had a lot of discussions of the ESO clan before.
FieldMarshall wrote:If you're such a wise guy, why don't you lead one? No members because no recruitment - which Hades and I have at least attempted. I didn't debate which game HoR needs. And yeah, you're point is that the clan's in the toilet, but you aren't exactly helping either - which anyone who -reads more- would also gather.
I did lead HoR briefly, and I was the main hand in it for quite a while. I left because the clan didn't change for 1 year albeit my attempts to keep activity in the forum at more than five members, and I didn't want to have to deal with HoR and HoG clans because the progression was annoying and I was busy with starting University (which is why Hades took leaves a few times). Why would I lead a clan that is stuck in place when I have more important things to do? I don't have the time, but I can keep the ball rolling by being here as an outside perspective. I am helping in HoR, regardless of what you think. I have actually started working on that MC RP map with Lawrencius right now while HoR is on Voobly and slowly starting to discuss about AoE3 and it's problems. See what Lawrencius and I can do in less than a week when we don't confirm everything with HoG? Oh and AoE3, just because Hades says it failed once doesn't mean we can't optimize and succeed with it, but if you had read more, you would have gathered that... No one threw down the AoE3 and trigger idea, but saying you do this or that just for the sake of having input... that's why Hades was called out on it.
Lawrencius wrote:then do it and get AOE3 WRPable to AOM standards
FieldMarshall wrote:I made good arguments
lol, then you say you're not arrogant. Where are they? The posts where I bitched about and butchered every idea that I didn't like? Find those posts where I said that's a crappy idea without any reason whatsoever. I don't throw down posts without reason, and you are doing it quite a lot right now to be honest.

The rest of your post basically repeats everything again, so I made the respective supported arguments to it already. You want criticizing to stop? It's that same Yea-awesome-let's-do-this-without-second-guessing attitude that actually got us into this mess in the first place. Progression needs to be looked at, yes, but not like "offering membership on the spot to sustain activity" you need to make sure it's correct before even trying, because screw it up any more and it's game over.

Oh, and I having endured flame discussions on the old HoR forum (which I advise you to look at if you want to formulate an opinion of me) and on UCA. If you start mouthing off to me about bitching, butchering, cutting down for no reason, without any support or quotes, you won't "win" the argument, like you claim to be doing every time you post something.
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  FieldMarshall on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:23 am

Forget it, I don't see the point in arguing anything on this place.

Take it as a victory if you like, I just don't care. I like playing games with friends but the only people i consider friends here are Crudger and Hades. I used to like forumming too but I clearly don't have the stomach for it anymore.

Sorry if you were reeling for a real debate, I just don't really care anymore.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.
avatar
FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:25 am

Now you know how we feel about contributing on here.
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  FieldMarshall on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:26 am

Perhaps so. Doesn't matter really.

____________________________
All's fair in love and BF3.
avatar
FieldMarshall

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:27 am

Exactly.
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Hades on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:18 pm

I should probably go ahead and mention that the second suggestion was in fact, sarcasm, which you all failed to see through.

HoG is based around what each member puts in. The reason as to why I am the head of all of the different sectors would be, due to the fact, that no one else, yet (HoT would of been the only one in this case) had stepped up and created their own sector. This is something myself and Yankee both failed to check, as neither of us really researched into this sort of thing and never looked into who would of genuinely started up their own sector. From my knowledge, only Mittyho stated he would of stepped up and started HoT and would of taken over HoS if needbe. HoG remember, was not created to be headed by one user, but to become a community, and that is something that I cannot change without others stepping up to the role. It doesn't mean they are lazy, just we maybe, never had the community that was ideal for the task. We have members who are happy where they are, as an advisor or not, they appear to be happy with what they do nowadays. This is why, I do not feel all the blame for HoG should be put upon myself. If you truly want the reasons as to why I am less active and appearing lazy I can give you a nice long list here:
- College
- Starting up my own Theatre Company
- Trying to find work
- Relationship problems (Failing to get over last relationship)
- Pet passing away
- Aunt expected to pass away later this year
- Diagnosed with a genetic condition, meaning every time I have a nose bleed, I can essentially faint, or even suffer from a permanent loss of blood. (I don't get small nose bleeds, I lose around half the blood around my head in one go)
- Parents threatening to split up (My mum filed for divorce but decided to not go through with it)



And please tell me, out of all of that, why I should not be excused? We all have personal problems to deal with. Half of that has only happened to me in the last 8 weeks. You are demanding an unrealistic amount of dedication from me at this time and I feel it is unnecessary and uncalled for. Even if I did not have this to deal with, I still wouldn't be in position to dedicate that much of my time. Hence why Yankee left, but if you are going to bitch about my lack of time, I suggest you go learn what 'life' means.

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *


Support me Smile
avatar
Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:44 am

I would've gotten the sarcasm if that didn't actually happen at one point in HoR.

I am not blaming you for being inactive, we all have our reasons, I am annoyed even with so few numbers, almost nothing happening in general, save for a few games here and there, everyone seems happy in this little world. There are so many better communities, something has to be done to make this place appealing to more than just what, 10 people who are here because we have clan history on AoM or otherwise? Depending on the importance of this place to each person, yea, ok, fair, you don't need to care, half of the members haven't been on since 2012, and a third have never once posted a comment, but when you come on with all your input in each topic about what some things need to actually work and without it, will fail and what you, not anyone else, could do, or contact that person, who only you know, you show that you want this place to function and progress, which is great, but then you don't come through. Maybe you have your reasons, some of which I am sorry to hear, but then don't say you could do this or "perhaps" you can look into that or ask some person. It makes us think you will do something, and when you don't follow through, progression gets halted because the other capable people thought you had it under control. If you know you can't do something, maybe you shouldn't make suggestions on doing it with resources only you have access to or knowledge about. I know as leader of multiple clans on here, you feel you should be part of every discussion and idea, but you don't know everything either, it doesn't hurt to sit one out, offer some insight, and not come up with a solution that only you can achieve. They might end up with similar solutions like you, but with their own resources that they have access to whilst having the time, instead of reading about your resources and knowledge, and thinking you will handle it, but then, "No, why me? I didn't say I had the time."

I still think RP in AoE3 could work without the use of so many triggers, it did in AoM at the start, the first RPers didn't have any trigger-ready maps to RP on, it was all imagination and creativity, then people who were attracted started working on it and it expanded like that. We don't need to start in 5th gear, but we at least need to get out of neutral...

Oh and HoS is apparently down due to your inactivity? So it is a one man clan then? I didn't fail to check who could lead what, I didn't take into consideration that at the creation of HoG, there were only like 5 people here, all of which were HoR. Another thing, maybe the clans shouldn't be Ho@ clans, but whatever they want to be, that might make it look more appealing, just a thought.

HoT was my idea, like months ago, then I decided to not follow through and wait because there was no knowledge about the game at that time, I made my point about a TESO clan already in another topic. I don't know what Mittyho said on the matter, but he wasn't the only one who stepped up, he was the only one who to my knowledge stepped up after I postponed it, which doesn't mean I stepped down. And lol, what's the deal now with everyone mentioning leading a TESO clan? What are we going to end up with, a clan for each alliance? Razz
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Hades on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:55 am

Now as much as I would hate to see a clan for every TESO alliance... it would be bloody interesting.


As for HoS, the clan failed as it was almost impossible to get new members for it. Myself and Codie headed it (Oddly enough Codie didn't want to be head but a head member, part of the Advisory til he left) and after a few weeks, we had only managed to find one member who was willing to join that was not already in a clan. Probably because myself and Codie are not the best players of AoE3, we are both alright, nothing special, so we could only appeal to those playing for fun as opposed to the high level players, which of course, limits us immediately. If HoS were to start up, it would need someone with more experience at Supremacy heading it, which does mean, I think Mittyho would make a better head for it.

I have also in the past made it clear that I only wish to head HoW and HoR. If you read my signature, I only have ever mentioned HoW and HoR in the signature, and thus, I think I have that in place as it is.

But as I said prior, AoE3 would be a good system but it may already be too late to start up a roleplaying community. As far as I am aware, only myself Vult and Mittyho have AoE3, so I really don't know how that would play out. It would be much easier and much more successful to do it on a new upcoming game - 0AD is a free open source game, which allows us to do what we want with it. Any one can access it.

And Yankee, posting on a forum is not a necessity, you can still create a community without doing that. Posting on the forum at the end of the day doesn't really change much, we still have a few members on here actively, and that is all we need, sure, more would be appreciated, but if we did try to enforce members to use the forums we would surely see members leaving. All I ask of them is to keep the RP games topic on watch so they know when games are upcoming.

____________________________
* HoR_King_Cookies * HoW_King_Cookies *


Support me Smile
avatar
Hades
Admin

Posts : 335

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Yankee on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:23 am

So you confirmed my thinking that HoC and HoS are just eye candy on the homepage then.
Hades wrote:And Yankee, posting on a forum is not a necessity, you can still create a community without doing that. Posting on the forum at the end of the day doesn't really change much, we still have a few members on here actively, and that is all we need, sure, more would be appreciated, but if we did try to enforce members to use the forums we would surely see members leaving. All I ask of them is to keep the RP games topic on watch so they know when games are upcoming.
Fuck sake, why do you almost always miss the point? -.-

"few members on here actively, and that is all we need" After all the HoG planning on the old forum in the Advisory Board, after all the big thinking: so many clans, so many games, you making 3 clans yourself, proving how much you were up for it, after announcing this great epic forum to the UCA, now, after a year of watching it's "progression"; "few members, is all we need"... pfff well if that's how you feel...

I'm done trying. After being in HoR for a year and trying to keep the members active, after a year on this forum, seeing very little progression of a once awesome idea occur. After trying to take the calm, patient route, and watching that fail. If memory serves, I urged you on steam to move forward with HoG discussions. Half the AoM derived members on here are viably inactive since registration. After trying alternative methods to try and start a movement on here, and watching them fail because you guys are content with your little groupchat website. The forum had so much potential, but let's face it, it won't happen anymore, you know why, because no one cares. It's why all the RP clans from AoM save PsYcHo basically died, because no one cared any more, and that's alright and fine to be honest. I would like you to prove me wrong, but I doubt that will happen, if so it would probably take years. This isn't the forum that was discussed on the old forum. So some of you just want to be able to contact friends and periodically schedule games, use steam for that then. Why go through all the trouble of making a bigass forum with multiple clans and games? Because HoG was a bigger idea than just that, but fine. Done. I won't be adding any input about HoG, clans or the forum on here anymore, because you know what? Now I don't care anymore, because "few members is all we need" was not the plan, but if you are content with it, then why I am still trying? I'll just sit back on here, chat about games and watch what happens and go with the flow, because now, I don't care what you guys end up doing. I am done trying to keep an expired basket of eggs fresh.
avatar
Yankee

Posts : 102

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It's quiet.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum