Overpowered weapons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overpowered weapons?

Post  Hades on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Hey,

I thought I would create a discussion on overpowered equipment, as there is alot of debate on this.

The FAMAS is probably the most argued assault rifle, its fast fire rate and low recoil makes it very powerful when used at long or short range, but what it lacks is strength. Fire an L85A2 (I believe this is the second slowest firing assault rifle after the AN-94) at the same time and the end result depends entirely on range. The L85A2 is an amazing weapon at range but is by far the worst at short range. It is perfect for picking out those snipers and can pop up headshots very quickly due to its medium recoil tending to jerk the gun to hit the head on last round from burst firing (It is long range - you will burst fire). Therefore the FAMAS is counterable and I would say not very unbalanced.

Now for Carbines I would say we are in good territory, they are all very similar (bar a few) and therefore don't arouse any claims of overpoweredness.

LMGs they say the M60E4 is a very overpowered weapon. The simple answer, is it's not. It requires some quick fighting to beat an M60, you gotta catch them while they are running. Even with grip the recoil is atrocious, whereas most other LMGs can cope with the recoil, if barely, but a proned M60 with grip will struggle, so it always is deployed with Bi-Pod. That means, you gotta hit them before they deploy, if they deploy then use a sniper at range to pick them off - an M60 is not as good as say, a PKP or Type 88 at range and therefore will get picked off very easily by a sniper. Be aware of engineers/support (using mortars)/Assault (using GL) trying to blow up your sniper, if they succeed your in for a hell of a ride.

Snipers, none really to discuss, snipers all have very similar stats.

SMGs, I would say the M5K is a tad overpowered with its ROF, but a good Assault rifle/LMG will take them out.

Shotguns, Frag rounds are balanced, pump action needs a tiny boost in strength in general to counter weapons at CQ when fighting off most weapons, however due to low HP in hardcore it functions fairly in Hardcore.

Pistols, I would argue the G18 is underpowered due to its huge recoil, I would like to see a tiny tone down on the recoil, nothing major. Generally these are well balanced too.
Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Overpowered weapons?

Post  Mittyho on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 am

Are there any weapon classes which are completely underpowered compared to the rest? I haven't played any BF3 but on a lot of FPS games the light machine guns are always, on average, worse than the other classes.
Mittyho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshall on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:11 am

The FAMAS is probably the most argued assault rifle, its fast fire rate and low recoil

How recently have you used the FAMAS? It's OP-ness was patched in the March patch, it now has incredibly high recoil.

Anyways, i hate the amount of people who say that the M16 is OP. In my opinion, these people are not seeing the difference between 'OP' and 'balanced to varied strengths' the M16 is supposed to be an all-round assault rifle, which it is, strong at most ranges. But it will be defeated at close range, and you need plenty of time and a non-moving enemy to kill at long range.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 am

Tried it now, the famas has been balanced, but it always was counterable!
Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshall on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:39 am

Hades wrote:Tried it now, the famas has been balanced, but it always was counterable!

It always sucked at longer than medium range, but any closer and it demolished everything. I'm ashamed to say it now but i used it quote a lot, haven't since patch though, it's shocking now - it's a literal 'nerf' gun, if you have seen the Battlefield Friends youtube videos you will get my reference tongue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Mittyho wrote:Are there any weapon classes which are completely underpowered compared to the rest? I haven't played any BF3 but on a lot of FPS games the light machine guns are always, on average, worse than the other classes.

Oh it appears I dodged this statement, lmgs do have their strengths, they are very good at suppressing enemies, which reduces their accuracy and removes health regen until they get out the way, on top of that the high mags combined with high stationary accuracy allows you to keep doing this, and rake in assist points (do it right and it's possible to earn more points than the kill). The rest are a given, as they remain the same use as other BF and CoD games, with the exception of snipers, they are used actively without scopes, and it works fairly well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top