medal of honor warfighter clans...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: medal of honor warfighter clans...

Post  Mittyho on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:34 am

Lava wrote:I should be getting a new xbox at christmas. Along with Halo 4, Black Ops 2, MoHW, And possibly BF3 for my birthday.

So many games all at the same time!! Shocked

I'm still content with Mass Effect 3, Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 Razz
Mittyho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshall on Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 am

Lava, any chance of a ps3 instead? You could join us then.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:17 am

Never. I despise playstation 3's. Not to mention the fact I have repeat 12 month xbox subscription Razz
And perhaps I will hades, perhaps I will...
Lava
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:18 am

Also Mitty, Look at my games. I have barely any. Also MW3 is crap. ME3 is awesome. Skyrim is awesome. So I only despise you in one area :PPP
Lava
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FieldMarshall on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:30 am

I despise playstation 3's

Wut why?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Lava wrote:Also Mitty, Look at my games. I have barely any. Also MW3 is crap. ME3 is awesome. Skyrim is awesome. So I only despise you in one area :PPP

Aw, Modern Warfare 3 is fun to play, no matter how irritating it can be Razz

Not worth getting into the whole Xbox vs PS3 thing, but I prefer the Xbox just because most games offer earlier release dates for DLC etc., and i'm too big a Halo fan to not play Xbox Cool
Mittyho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Ah, that's where PS3 actually plays its trump card.

Correction: most games are PS3 exclusive or early dlc on PS3, all EA and Ubisoft games.are early dlc and sometimes exclusive, plus Sony is now the biggest first party publisher in the world.

EA and Ubisoft alone are about 40% of the market.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Support me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Right, Let's see why I prefer xbox. Gears of War. Mass Effect. Halo. The Multiplayer servers. The fact nearly all of my friends have xbox. Early DLC. Reasons I dislike PS3. The controllers feeeel hooooorible. Servers are much slower. I dislike the design of the console and the dash board. Not to mention the fact iv'e had xbox since the first so iv'e been bought up on it.
Lava
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Correction:

More games get early dlc on PS3, mass effect due to its agreement with EA-sony now gives 1 week early dlc.

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Right, Call of Duty. 1 month early DLC. Halo : PS3 hasnt got the fucking game so they fail there. GoW is limited to xbox as well. As for ME3 I havent actually got the game but i played it round a friends house.
Lava
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Right let's see

Battlefield 3: 1 week early dlc, with premium 3 week
FIFA and other EA sports games: 1 week early dlc
MoH warfighter: 1 week early dlc
Assassins creed 3: exclusive free gameplay (paid dlc on Xbox) 1 week early dlc
Resistance: exclusive
Uncharted: highest rated exclusive of all time, exclusive
Littlebigplanet: exclusive
SOCOM: exclusive
Final fantasy: mostly exclusive early dlc
Heavy rain: exclusive
The upcoming fps sci-fi by ex infinity ward heads: 1 week early dlc
Mass effect: 1 week early dlc
All other EA, Ubisoft and respawn entertainment games are exclusive or early dlc, except bioshock due to the company signing a deal with Microsoft before it was bought by EA, if the company is liquidated, then it will follow suit.

I could go on you know Razz

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lava on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Listen hades, Im not making a debate about PS3 to xbox. Weve had the debate before and xbox is better. I was describing why I dislike playstation 3 not a fucking argument about with is better which is what you seem to make everything into. So how about just leaving my reasoning to myself for fieldmarshall to understand, rather then making an argument about which console is better. I dont even play most of the games on your list anyway so go fuck yourself.

(If im being harsh, sorry but i really couldnt give 2 shits on all these games, I was addressing "My" prefered games, not all the games in the fucking world)
Lava
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:44 pm

You said Xbox had earlier dlc.... Which didn't refer to your own games, also the fact that you keep stating Xbox is better is cause of debate within itself

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 am

PS3 vs XBOX360 is always a fun discussion Razz

most games are PS3 exclusive or early dlc on PS3, all EA and Ubisoft games.are early dlc and sometimes exclusive
Assassin's Creed 3 was released the same time on both, so that counts out the Ubisoft argument. Mass Effect 3 - EA game - gets DLC earlier on the xbox than on the PS3, not only dismissing that claim but countering it Cool

Not quite sure about the validity of this argument, I mean I do agree they're both huge companies, but not to that extent. I'm fairly certain that if we're talking about the games market Nintendo, Bethesda, Activision, Microsoft Games, Mojang and every other games company combined makes up more than 60%.

More games get early dlc on PS3, mass effect due to its agreement with EA-sony now gives 1 week early dlc.
As stated earlier, no it doesn't. The most recent DLC, Retaliation, was released on the 9th of October for XBOX/Computer, and the 10th of October for PS3. I'm not sure where you read that PS3 gets it a week earlier Shocked

Again: Mass Effect. . . no. Mass Effect 1 wasn't even on the PS3 until November 6th, and no other DLC comes to PS3 early. As for this sci-fi shooter, it seems unreasonable that it's not even named but DLC details have been confirmed Neutral

Sure, some games get earlier DLC for PS3. I wouldn't declare that games get more early DLC for either console, as we'd be trawling through games for far too long. The exclusive games you mentioned (Resistance, Little Big Planet, SOCOM and Heavy Rain) hold no interest for me. . . I haven't even heard of a couple of them.

If we're naming games/series that PS3 doesn't have but Xbox does, the list is a lot more impressive:
- Crackdown
- Fable
- Forza
- Gears of War
- Halo
- Minecraft

We probably all have different opinions over which has the superior games, but I'm fairly confident in saying that this list is more impressive. I think it would be more impressive with Halo and Minecraft alone.

There we go, just responding to your criticism of the XBOX. I'm not going to criticise the PS3, as I'd rather be playing as a Vampire Lord in Skyrim, playing the amazing and cinematic campaign in Halo 4 and building epic, beautiful structures in Minecraft. Very Happy

EDIT:
This video is a good comparisson of the two consoles, presented by the greatest Modern Warfare 2 player of all time.
Mittyho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:08 am

Assassin's Creed 3 was released the same time on both, so that counts out the Ubisoft argument. Mass Effect 3 - EA game - gets DLC earlier on the xbox than on the PS3, not only dismissing that claim but countering it Cool

Perhaps you should read over my statement again, I didn't say Assassins Creed 3 was released early, I said it has exclusive content and early DLC

Not quite sure about the validity of this argument, I mean I do agree they're both huge companies, but not to that extent. I'm fairly certain that if we're talking about the games market Nintendo, Bethesda, Activision, Microsoft Games, Mojang and every other games company combined makes up more than 60%.

Out of the Third Party Developers, Activision, EA and Ubisoft are by far and away the biggest companies around (Publisher wise) but other companies do make some good sales as well.

Misread on that one, BF3 gets exclusive alongside the other FPS genre due to an agreement between EA and Sony. a majority of the other games I stated do still get early DLC

Again: Mass Effect. . . no. Mass Effect 1 wasn't even on the PS3 until November 6th, and no other DLC comes to PS3 early. As for this sci-fi shooter, it seems unreasonable that it's not even named but DLC details have been confirmed Neutral

Perhaps you should check wikipedia out for the game? The game has no real details but will be a sci-fi shooter published by Respawn Entertainment under the EA partners program

Sure, some games get earlier DLC for PS3. I wouldn't declare that games get more early DLC for either console, as we'd be trawling through games for far too long. The exclusive games you mentioned (Resistance, Little Big Planet, SOCOM and Heavy Rain) hold no interest for me. . . I haven't even heard of a couple of them.

If we're naming games/series that PS3 doesn't have but Xbox does, the list is a lot more impressive:
- Crackdown
- Fable
- Forza
- Gears of War
- Halo
- Minecraft

Again, I could name more on PS3 as well quite easily. I hadn't even named some of the best selling ones. The best selling being Uncharted (Similar to Tomb Raider) Resistance, Little Big Planet and Gran Turisimo.

We probably all have different opinions over which has the superior games, but I'm fairly confident in saying that this list is more impressive. I think it would be more impressive with Halo and Minecraft alone.

Minecraft is a tad pointless to get on 360? Its better built for PC anyway?
Anyhow, I bought a PS3 mainly because I had a PS2 and PS1 prior, but I wouldnt trade it in now due to the presence of blu-ray HD, 3D, higher storage space (Newest PS3 contains 500GIG, superslim, costs less than a 360 of lowest capacity, and in general comes with more games, the PS3 deal in HMV comes with 4 games and a HDMI cable, the superslim is also half the size of the slim, which is about 3/4s the size of the original)

There we go, just responding to your criticism of the XBOX. I'm not going to criticise the PS3, as I'd rather be playing as a Vampire Lord in Skyrim, playing the amazing and cinematic campaign in Halo 4 and building epic, beautiful structures in Minecraft. Very Happy

While I play a higher spec BF3 due to Blu-ray, play the also cinematic campaign regarded as being a movie due to how it plays Heavy Rain, the adventurous Uncharted 3, and play the extended gameplay on Assassins Creed.

And no, I am not lying about Assassins Creed.

On March 26, 2012, Ubisoft announced three collectors editions of Assassin's Creed III, The Freedom, Join Or Die and Special editions, exclusive to EMEA countries and Australia. On June 1, 2012, Ubisoft also announced another collectors edition of Assassin's Creed III, the UbiWorkshop Edition. Ubisoft and Sony partnered to offer the game as a bundle with the PlayStation 3 console, which was offered from the day of the game's release.[64] On the day of its release, Assassin's Creed III on the PlayStation 3 received 4 exclusive single-player missions, titled The Benedict Arnold Missions. The gameplay revolves around Benedict Arnold and his connections with turning West Point over to the British. Script writer Matt Turner stated that the Benedict Arnold missions were some of the most historically accurate missions in the game, as "some scenes have the actual words spoken by key players in the events at West Point, according to the records from the court proceedings following what happened."[65]

PS3 has had exclusive missions since Assassins Creed 2.

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mittyho on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 am

Don't want to start quote tunnels, so i'ma just number what I write Cool

1) Sorry, comprehension issues.

2) Not sure how we would decide how we rank which publishing companies are the 'biggest'. If we mean how good they are rated, Microsoft and Nintendo would be 1st and 2nd respectively (taken from Metacritic). If we were talking about amount of games published, Sega and Konami would be 1st and 2nd. Deciding which is the biggest publishing company isn't something that can be done easily (or probably in our case agreeably), so I'll leave it at that. tongue

3) I do agree that lots of PS3 games get earlier DLC. However, as Xbox 360 also gets a fair amount of early/exclusive DLC, I don't think we can consider this to be an argument which portrays either console in a superior light.

4) I didn't look at Wikipedia, but I did do some research. Like you said, 'the game has no real details', so I don't know how you've determined that PS3 will get early release dates for its DLC. . . scratch

5) I know you could name more, and I'm sure I could do so quite easily. What I'm saying is that Xbox exclusives seem to be superior to PS3 exclusives. I mean, Halo and Gears of War are iconic cult classics. . . you can't really compare games like Resistance to that (I hadn't even heard of it!). Perhaps I could consider Uncharted and Gran Turismo to be on that level, but I believe Forza rivals if not conquers Gran Turismo as a video game, and although Uncharted is good, it's not tantamount to being more important than Halo and Gears of War.

6) I wouldn't say Minecraft is pointless to get on the Xbox 360, and the other 3million people who bought it would agree. Saying that it is better on the PC can apply to almost any game, as computer games are in general superior. Also, the 500 gig superslim PS3 doesn't cost less than an Xbox 360 of the lowest capacity. . . looking just at Game, Xbox 360 4GB is £150 and the PS3 is £250. If you mean it is cheaper in HMV, then yes you're correct, though HMV doesn't sell a 'lowest capacity' Xbox. Razz

7) You have all those games??? Nice. Anyway, I can honestly say none of these interest me. Battlefield 3 does appeal to me a little, but I'd prefer to play MW3, and the other 3 games don't entice me in the slightest.

8 ) I didn't call you a liar about Assassin's Creed 3, sorry if it came across that way though. . . I only mentioned it once, when I said that the release date was the same on the PS3 as the Xbox 360. What did you think I said that called you a liar? Shocked

Again, I'm not going to criticise the PS3. All these points are just in defence of the Xbox 360, which is, for me, the superior console, but it is one of the few topics which are fun to debate for either side Very Happy
Mittyho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top