Application for new HoG clan discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application for new HoG clan discussion

Post  Hades on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 pm

As you all know a major part of HoG is to be able to create new clans and add it to the HoG union.... But an outright proposal would be ineffective and would likely cause alot of failed clans, so I think we need to create an application process for the clan members/ outsiders that wish to be a part of HoG. Questions being formed around clan leadership and how to run a clan, if the user has a clan leader we ask them for feedback... Advisory board members would take a different application namely around their knowledge on the clans already in place.

What do you think?

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Support me [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Application for new HoG clan discussion

Post  .Yankee. on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:26 pm

An application, huh? That way, we could make sure a 12 year old doesn't just feel like making an HoG clan called Heroes of Heroes or some crap. xD

What would be the requirements?

Another idea:

If the provisional clan leader(s) have some followers ready to join, we could just enforce a probation time. The clan leader(s) have a specific amount of time to try and create a working clan. During this time, the clan leader(s) are not admins in the HoG council and the clan is not yet an actual HoG clan. After the clan works, then it is made an HoG clan, but only once the clan has their individual advisory board would we make the clan leader(s) admins. This way, the clan leader(s) or the clan itself has to show some sign of experience. If we know the leader(s) are capable then they can be admins. If someone passes an application even though they never made a clan, then I predict a lot of failed clans anyway.

.Yankee.

View user profile http://heroes-of-gaming.great-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Maybe part of the application could involve creating the clan?

And clan leaders should become admin upon advisory board creation.... Although Yankee you seem to be an exception Wink

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 am

True. I created the forum and made a provisional clan. Right now there is no rule regarding admins and we did not create any for such circumstances. Since HoG is still starting up (I haven't seen any improvements/progress since the last 3 weeks), there are only two clans (you being the leader of both), I have equal "influence" in HoR as you, and I haven't abused the rights as admin, I don't think there are many issues regarding me being admin aswell. Someone has to have both common sense and the ability to make sure you don't screw things up. Wink

I said, "Within HoR, I am the Omega to Hades' Alpha." I don't want to see HoG get its motor killed because you were too quick with letting the clutch go. Razz

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Hehe well HoR has changed very slowly until you joined.... I'd say you were more of a catalyst for HoR... It's progress was very slow - plus it was you who revived the idea of HoG.... there is probably a hint of omega though ;-)

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 am

Catalyst? I like that...

Well in that case you can say that you are the Omega to my Alpha. Whatever floats your boat. ;P

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hades on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 am

Yankee wrote:Catalyst? I like that...

Well in that case you can say that you are the Omega to my Alpha. Whatever floats your boat. ;P

That's alcohol... But you are too high up to be bringing me my alcohol..... No that's what fieldmarshall is here for ;-)

Hades
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .Yankee. on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 am

Always like you to use your underlings as bimbos. This is why I broke the chain. Interestingly enough, I get praised for it. Razz

.Yankee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top